The year is almost over, and I have completed my first project pan! I decided to do this with the intention of using up the makeup I own. I may not have a lot of makeup as other people, but I still think it’s important to be using the products you buy. What’s the point of having a whole bunch of makeup if it’s just collecting dust? After a few months of the project, I actually finished a few items! Yay!
This is a picture of the products before. I can’t believe how much I used!
What I finished:
1. Too Faced Creme Lipstick in Honey Bear
2. Tarte Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint in Honey Bear
3. Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara (x3) (always repurchasing)
4. L’Oréal Brow Stylist Definer in Dark Brunette (x2) (always repurchasing)
5. Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer in Fair
What I panned:
1. Too Faced Semi Sweet Palette – Shades: Coconut Creme, Butter Pecan, Nougat
2. Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer in Light Bronzer
3. Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Powder in Porcelain (almost done!)
I’m proud of myself for being able to finish a few makeup items this year. I didn’t end up panning, or finishing, everything I intended to, but I did use them more often! Some things I decluttered because I didn’t like the ingredients. The whole project taught me what makeup products I like, and what I really should skip on. For example, I loved the Too Faced lipstick, but I didn’t like the smell at all. Now, I know that I like sheer lipsticks, but I need to buy one that smells nice! I also figured out that I don’t like face powders that make me look powdery, and the Maybelline one does just that.
I hope that in 2018, I will be able to purchase some items that work better for me. It can be difficult to find your favourite makeup item, but after a few trials and errors, you might just find the right thing. That’s what I’m hoping for next year, that I’ll find a few more holy grail items to replace some of the things I have panned. And, who knows, maybe I’ll be doing another project pan next year.
What are some makeup items you have finished?
Follow me on Instagram, Goodreads, and Pinterest.