Over the past 6 months, I started to notice what makeup I truly loved to use, and which I didn’t. I have a relatively small makeup collection, but I still have accumulated makeup that I ended up not loving as much as I thought I would. It’s understandable when trying out new products that some will be more flattering and outperform others. I really noticed this in the past 6 months because I’m currently doing a project pan. Some of the things I intended to pan this year I didn’t even touch! I wanted to pan them to get my money’s worth, but I would always pick something else to wear instead. These products were used quite a bit, but never to their fullest potential. It sucks to waste money, but I know I’m not using it anyway. I’ll give away whatever makeup I can, so it doesn’t go completely to waste.
This is the makeup I’m decluttering:
– Kat Von D blush duo in Piaf and Poe
– I do like the blush, and the concept of having two blushes that could create a third blush. I did always end up mixing the colours or picking just the darker shade. The blush is good, but after a few statements Kat Von D has said recently, and learning more about her, I want to get rid of the only Kat Von D Beauty item I have. I won’t be purchasing from her again.
– Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip in Frick N Frack
I did really like this colour and forumla. It does bleed a bit around the lips, but it’s overall a nice lipstick. However, I got a weird reaction from this product a few months ago, and I’m not sure why. I haven’t used it since.
– NYX Lip Lingerie in Exotic
– I love the colour, but the lipstick is extremely drying to the lips
– NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo
– Although the colour is amazing, it goes on quite patchy. It’s also extremely drying, which is surprisingly since it’s not meant to be a traditional liquid lipstick.
– NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Cannes
– see above.
– Maybelline Inti-Matte Lipstick in Beige Babe
I love Maybelline lipsticks, especially their matte lipsticks. However, this colour is too cool-toned for my skin tone. As well, it is very patchy and never stays completely pigmented on the lips. There is always a bald spot on my lips when I wear it.
– Smashbox Be Legendary Lipgloss in Disco Rose
I actually really liked this lipgloss and colour, but it’s starting to smell badly, so it’s time to go in the garbage.
– Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in Berry Blissful
I like sheer lipsticks, but since this is a purple berry colour, it almost needs to be very pigmented. Therefore, I never use it.
I think my declutter was successful, and hopefully it will inspire my readers to declutter their makeup collection!