Apart from books, I accumulated a lot of beauty favourites in 2017. Last year, I discovered new companies, and new products, that have become instant favourites of mine. I feel like 2017 was the year I became the most comfortable with the makeup I wear. Throughout my life I felt self-conscious about what makeup I wore, but last year I always felt confident in all the looks I did. Throughout this year of beauty, here is what I fell in love with.
As you all may know, I’m a huge lipstick lover, so it’s not surprising that I have a lot of lipstick favourites this year. One thing I discovered this year is the nude lip. Surprisingly, before 2017, I never really wore nude lipsticks. I usually would just wear a lip balm if I didn’t want to wear something bold. Prior to 2017, all I would wear were bold lipsticks, so it was a nice change to my makeup looks with this new discovery. And with that discovery, all of my favourites ended up being nude lips.
My favourite lip products were:
1. Gloss Bomb in Fenty Glow by Fenty Beauty
2. Aquarius Lippie Stix by Colourpop
3. Pin-Up Pout Lipstick in Sophisticated by NYX
4. Creamy Matte Lipstick in Nude Nuance by Maybelline
5. Intimatte Lipstick in Raw Chocolate by Maybelline
In 2017, I fell in love with creating dramatic eye looks. I spent a lot of time practicing new eyeshadow techniques, and using colours I never thought I would. I fell in love with dark neutrals, and purple eyeshadows. I also really liked pinky champagne colours on my lids as well.
Here are my favourite eyeshadows:
1. Semi Sweet Palette by Too Faced (old favourite that I still love)
2. Sweet Peach Palette by Too Faced
3. Modern Renaissance Palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills
4. Weenie and Wattles Supershock Shadows by Colourpop
5. NYX Yogurt Jumbo Eye Pencil
Apart from eyeshadows and lipsticks, I discovered some really awesome products. I found a beautiful highlighter, an awesome foundation brush, and my perfect foundation. I feel like these products helped me complete all of my looks, whether they were minimal or glamourous.
Here are my other favourites:
1. ELF Highlighter in Moonlight Beams
2. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
3. Fenty Beauty Soft Matte Pro Filt’r Foundation in 130
I am really happy with the makeup I discovered in 2017, and I can’t wait to see what my favourites will be in 2018. I am doing a project pan this year, which I’ll make a post about soon, so there shouldn’t be too many new products. I think 2018 will really show me what products I love, what products I really need for a complete makeup collection. Let me know what some of your favourite makeup products were for 2017!