After being on bookstagram and wordpress for over a year now, I thought about why I never participated in a readathon yet. So this year, I decided to challenge myself with the BookTube-A-Thon! If you don’t know what theBookTube-A-Thon is, it’s a readathon with reading challenge that take place in a week. You can read more about BookTube-A-Thon at their website. This year the readathon takes place between July 24-July 30.
Here are the books I plan to read this week:
- Read a book with a person on the cover: The Elephants in my Backyard by Rajiv Surendra. (I met him, and he signed my book! Super excited to read his book finally).
- Read a hyped book: The Girls by Emma Cline
- Finish a book in one day: Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
- Read about a character that is very different from you: Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- Finish a book completely outdoors: Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling
- Read a book you bought because of the cover: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams
- Read Seven Books: Matilda by Roald Dahl
I’m extremely excited to start the BookTube-A-Thon, and I’ll definitely make a post reviewing all the books I read. I even put on hold all the other books I’m reading to make time for this readathon. If you want daily updates about my reading progress, follow me on my Instagram and Goodreads! Let me know if you’re participating in the readathon as well. 🙂